Clinton Antony, Christine Christine, Suhartina Suhartina, Sri Lestari Ramadhani Nasution


Gatritis is the inflammation or swelling of gastric mucose triggered by an irritation and infection. Gatritis occurs if it solely causes simple gastric inflammation, else gastric ulcers happen when the acidity damages stomach lining. Based on one of Indonesia’s health profile in 2016, gastritis is top 10 of the most in-hospital patients numbering 380.744 cases recorded. It is known that gastritis risk factors include long-term stress that often encountered in university students, stimulates high-amount gastric acid production; Objective: The main ocassion of this study was to rule out the link between stress and gastritis recurrences in undergarduate at Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Prima Indonesia; Method: This testing utilize descriptive-analytic-observational method with cross-sectional design. We used a total of 94 respondents, all of them are currently stated as active students of 2020/2021at Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Prima Indonesia; Result: Statistics were gathered by respondents filling in some questionnaires, hence being analyzed using Chi-Square, which shows 37 people (39.4%) are suffering recurrence aastritis and the other 57 people 60.6%) are not; Conclusion: Therefore, we concluded that there is a intense connection between stress and gastritis recurrences with p=0.001 (p<0.05) where the more stress a person received, the more probable he/she is getting gastritis recurrences


Gastritis; Stres; Mahasiswa

Full Text:



Kusnadi E, Yundari DT. Hubungan Stress Psikologis Dengan Kejadian Gastritis di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Cisurupan. Jurnak Med Cendikia [Internet]. 2020;7(1):1–7. Available from:

T. M. Hubungan antara Pengetahuan dan Tingkat Stres Terhadap Kambuh Ulang Gastritis di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Kota Sungai Penuh.:176–84. J Keperawatan(Online). 2019;XIII(5).

Antimas N, Lestari H, Ismail C. Faktor Determinan Gastritis Klinis Pada Mahasiswa Di Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Halu Oleo Tahun 2016. J Ilm Mhs Kesehat Masy Unsyiah. 2017;2(6):198202.

Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia 2016. Profil Kesehatan Provinsi Bali.

Yaribeygi, H., Panahi, Y., Sahraei, H., Johnston, T. P., & Sahebkar A. Stress Can Decrease The Activity of Cytotoxic T-Lymphocytes and Natural Killer Cells and Lead To Growth of Malignant Cells, Genetic Instability, And Tumor Expansion. EXCLI J. 2017;16:1057–1072.

Ilham R, Ibrahim SA, Igirisa MDP. Pengaruh Terapi Reminiscence Terhadap Tingkat Stres Pada Lansia. Jambura J Heal Sci Res. 2020;2(1):12–23.

Elliya R, Haryanti L. Stres psikologis dengan kejadian gastritis pada narapidana di sukadana, Lampung. Holistik J Kesehat. 2020;14(3):401–8.

Thrisia M. Hubungan antara Pengetahuan dan Tingkat Stres terhadap Kambuh Ulang Gastritis. Akademi Keperawatan Bina Insani Sakti Sungai Penuh. 2019.

Rostini M. Hubungan Tingkat Stres dan Pola Makan dengan Kejadian Gastritis. Muhammadiyah Sidrap. 2017;

Aryani F. Stres belajar, Suatu Pendekatan Intervensi Konseling. 2016. 212 p.



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons Licence


Jambura Journal of Health Sciences and Research is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License