The Effect of Distance Learning on The Learning Outcomes

Sri Agustina Kasim, Meyko Panigoro, Sudirman Sudirman


The data in this study were obtained by distributing questionnaires to students, so the data in this study were primary data. In this study, the researcher used a quantitative method with a simple linear regression technique, with the results showing that distance learning during the Covid-19 pandemic had a positive and significant effect on student learning outcomes for integrated social studies subjects in class IX of SMP Negeri 4 Gorontalo City. After doing the normality test and testing the hypothesis using the regression and correlation analysis formula, for the results of this study the regression equation is Y =7,693+〖0,571 _x. In this study, the variable learning outcomes of integrated social studies subjects in class IX State Junior High School 4 Gorontalo City can be explained by distance learning during the Covid-19 pandemic by 40.9%, and for the remaining 59.1% influenced by other variables that are not examined in this study such as student interest in learning, motivation of parents, student learning styles, as well as school environmental factors and students' play environment

Full Text:



Anditha, Qurrota and Hadiyatullah. 2019. The Effect of E-Learning on Mathematics Learning Outcomes in Informatics Engineering Students. Thesis. East Java : Muhammadiyah University.

Darmawan, Deni. 2017. Development of E-Learning Theory and Design. 2nd Printing. Bandung: PT Pemuda Rosdakarya.

Fauziah, Sufianti, Safitri and Alinda Sekar. 2020. The Effect of Distance Learning on Physics Learning Outcomes in the Covid-19 Period for Class X Science Students at SMA Bina Machmud.

Harisandy, Ruly. 2015. Teaching and Learning Strategies: Strategies for Realizing Meaningful Learning Through Understanding General & Islamic Concepts 7. Bandung: PT Reflika Aditama.

Jainal. 2020. Types of Learning and Factors Affecting Learning. Educational Sciences (Online). ( accessed January 24, 2021)

Ministry of education and culture circular number 15 of 2020 Guidelines for the Implementation of Home Learning in an Emergency Period for the Spread of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) ( accessed 24 January 2021

Kunandar, 2015. Authentic Assessment (Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes Based on the 2013 Curriculum). Jakarta : PT Rajagrafindo Persada.



  • There are currently no refbacks.


Journal of Economic and Business Education (E-ISSN: 2963-508X, P-ISSN: 2963-5160) by Economic Education Study Program, Faculty of Economics, Universitas Negeri Gorontalo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Economic Education Study Program, Faculty of Economics

Universitas Negeri Gorontalo, Indonesia